Faith Middleton's Food Schmooze: The Hollywood Wraps
100 Quick and Healthy Recipes
Buffalo Tempeh Wraps with Blue Cheese Dressing
The Hollywood Wrap by Nancy Kennedy
2 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
¼ cup 0% plain Greek yogurt
1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
8 ounces tempeh, cut into 4 equal squares
1 ½ teaspoons hot sauce
1 tablespoon maple syrup
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
4 jalapeno/cilantro-flavored whole wheat tortillas (8-inch)
2 cups mixed greens
- Whisk together the blue cheese and yogurt in a bowl. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the tempeh and cook, turning occasionally, until browned. Reduce the heat and stir in the hot sauce, maple syrup, and lemon juice. Continue to cook until most of the sauce is absorbed by the tempeh. Watch the tempeh carefully so it doesn’t burn. Once it starts to become darker in color, it’s done.
- Top each tortilla with one-quarter of the tempeh. Top with the greens and dressing. Fold the bottom end of each tortilla up and over the filling, fold in both sides, and continue rolling. Serve.
PER SERVING: 294 Calories
Chinese Chicken Salad Rolls
The Hollywood Wrap by Nancy Kennedy
½ cup rice vinegar
¼ cup low-sodium soy sauce
2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
1 ½ teaspoons chile sauce, such as Sriracha
1 ½ teaspoons Truvia
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each), cooked and shredded
1 ½ cups shredded napa cabbage
1 ½ cups shredded red cabbage
3 scallions, minced
1 can (8 ounces) water chestnuts, rinsed, drained, and chopped
¼ cup sliced almonds, toasted
1 navel orange, divided into segments
¼ cup chopped cilantro
4 whole wheat tortillas (8-inch), warmed
- Whisk together the vinegar, soy sauce, orange juice, sesame oil, chile sauce, truvia, garlic, and ginger in a bowl. Set aside.
- Mix together the chicken, cabbages, scallions, water chestnuts, almonds, orange segments, and cilantro in a large bowl. Toss well. Whisk the vinaigrette again and toss with the chicken salad.
- Spread one-quarter of the chicken salad in the middle of each tortilla, leaving a ½-inch boarder on the sides and bottom. Fold the bottom end of the tortilla up and over the filling, fold in both sides, and continue rolling. Serve.
PER SERVING: 449 calories
Meatball Hero Wraps
The Hollywood Wraps by Nancy Kennedy
1 pound extra-lean ground turkey breast
½ cup grated reduced-fat Parmesan cheese
¼ cup whole wheat panko bread crumbs
¼ cup chopped parsley
3 egg whites, lightly beaten
2 tablespoon fat-free milk
1 teaspoon dried oregano
¼ cup Marinara Sauce
4 ounces shredded provolone cheese
4 whole wheat tortillas (8-inch)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Using your hands, mix together the turkey, Parmesan, panko, parsley, egg whites, milk, and oregano in a bowl. Divide the turkey mixture into 8 equal portions and shape each portion into a ball. Flatten them slightly with the palm of your hand.
- Heat an ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Coat with cooking spray. Add the meatballs and brown all over for 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake the meatballs for an additional 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven. Spoon the marinara sauce evenly over the meatballs, sprinkle on the cheese, return to the oven, and cook for 3 minutes, until the cheese melts.
- Place two meatballs on each tortilla. Top them with some sauce. Fold the bottom end of the tortilla up and over the filling, fold in both sides, and continue rolling. Serve warm.
PER SERVING: 474 calories